THE TRANSGAMBIA ECO-LODGE, MANSAKONKO, THE GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA
Phioneers is the engineering and management consultant for the Transgambia Eco-lodge Project in Manasakonko, The Gambia. The eco-lodge will be located at a key point of the Lower River Region of The Gambia, connecting traders and commuters from the north, south, east and western parts of the Gambia, Senegal and the Guineas.
This project will be driven by the use of local materials and sustainable design techniques and is taking three major factors into consideration:
1. Conservation of the environment and neighbouring lands.
2. Creation of employment and empowerment opportunities for local communities.
3. The creation of a landmark project that would encourage more visits to the region and give visitors an exceptional experience.
Finished outputs would include, a petrol station, a business and conference facility, accommodation, restaurant lounge and bar, fast-food chains, restrooms, convenience stores & fashion outlets.
LOWER RIVER REGION ECO-MARKETS PROJECT,
THE GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA
Phioneers is the engineering and management consultant for the Lower River Region Eco-Markets project. Three eco-markets will be built in 3 key trading areas of the Lower River Region.
This project was initiated in response to the current challenge of not having a permanent space to enable daily trade. Currently, local markets only operate once a week in open areas and this is not enough to enable the local community to enjoy the full benefits of effective trading platforms.
The eco-markets will be constructed with sustainable materials and incorporate the use of sustainable waste management, water purification, and energy generation systems. The markets will be managed by the Mansakonko area council and local residents will be trained to maintain and manage the systems and facilities within the sites.
Benefits of this project include:
1. Employment and empowerment of the local residents.
2. A strategic infrastructure programme that will promote trade within the region.
3. Protection of the natural habitat.
4. Sustainable systems for waste management, water purification, and affordable & clean energy.
THE PHIONEER HUB
The Phioneer Hub was established to encourage budding and existing architects, engineers, technicians and infrastructure enthusiasts to create/conceptualise sustainable and eco-friendly solutions in response to real-life challenges identified by clients and partners from all over the Globe.
THE E-S-E LIVING PROJECT
Sustainable, eco-friendly and affordable housing for the low-income earners of the African continent.
More information coming soon.